Mineral makeup recipes are now widely available at your own disposal. Now, you have the chance to enjoy the benefits of natural makeup and the thrill (not to mention the savings!) of making one yourself. Below, we present some homemade makeup recipes for you to learn how to make your very own makeup.
Mineral Makeup Foundation Recipes
Here are some interesting mineral makeup recipes to make your very own loose type foundation.
Mineral Makeup Recipe 1
Here is one of the easiest mineral make up recipes you can use to create a brown tone mineral powder foundation:
- Makeup Ingredients: 1/3 tsp titanium dioxide, 1/3 tsp boron nitride (or 1 tsp sericite), 1/3 tsp zinc oxide, 1 tsp facial silk, 3 tsps. white matte mica, 1/8 tsp chestnut brown mica, 1/2 tsp. chamomile matte mica, 1/16 tsp. red oxide #150, 1/32 tsp brown oxide
- Instructions: Add in the ingredients one at a time, with careful and thorough blending after each addition. Add in the oxides a few grains at a time to get the color that best fits your skin tone. Blend the entire powder mixture for at least 3 minutes to make sure that everything is blended well and to prevent possible color streaking.
Mineral Makeup Recipe 2
Here is another mineral makeup recipe to create a shimmery tan look:
- Makeup Ingredients: 1/4 tsp. titanium dioxide, 1/4 tsp boron nitride (or 1 tsp sericite), 1/4 tsp. zinc oxide, 1 tsp facial silk, 3 tsps. white matte mica, 3 tsps. white matte mica, 1/4 tsp. chamomile matte mica, 1/16 tsp. red oxide, 1/16 tsp. cobalt blue mica, 1/16 tsp. brown oxide, 1 tsp. Arizona sandstone mica
- Instructions: Follow the same instructions as above. You can achieve a matte mineral mica foundation by simply omitting the Arizona sandstone mica ingredient.
Eyeshadow and Blush Mineral Makeup Recipes
Here are more recipes to help you make your very own mineral eyeshadow and blush:
Mineral Makeup Recipe 3
Home-made makeup recipe for a smoky green-colored eyeshadow
- Ingredients: 2 tsps. white matte mica, 1/8 tsp yellow oxide, 1 tbsp. green mica, 1 tsp. moonstone taup mica, 1/2 tsp. titanium dioxide, 1 tsp. zinc oxide, 1/2 tsp boron nitride (or 1 tsp sericite), 1/2 tsp facial silk
- Instructions: Grind the ingredients together and add in oxides one at a time to achieve the desired color. Instructions are pretty much the same as above.
Mineral Makeup Recipe 4
Makeup recipe for a pink colored blush
- Ingredients: 2 tsps. pink mica, 2 tbsp white matte mica, 1/4 tsp yellow oxide, 1/16 tsp red oxide #150, 1/2 tsp. titanium dioxide, 1/2 tsp. zinc oxide, 1/2 tsp boron nitride (or 1 tsp sericite), 1 tsp facial silk
- Instructions: Refer to instructions in all the other mineral makeup recipes above.
It is quite obvious how easy it is to create your very own mineral makeup. All you need to do is pick out the ingredients from your nearest cosmetic store and do some good grinding. The main problem you might encounter is experimenting with shades and coming up with one that will best suit you. However, we hope that the mineral makeup recipes above gave you an idea of how to make your very own customized mineral cosmetics.